Thursday 3 May 2007

NFS

Was on my way home last night and the rickshaw driver was a classified jerk. He followed no traffic or safety rules. For him it was NFS. It all began as we got stuck at the amboli church signal and he was like fuming: "this place is always bad; always traffic jam." I, as usual, put on my ear plugs and my journey began with Headless Children (WASP).
Soon the signal turned green and the rickshaw driver blind, or at least that's what it seemed to me. At first, I thought he'd be out of road rage in the first few seconds, but as Blackie started screaming the chorus, this pilot was jetting right behind a biker. He was a cm or 2 away from attaching his rick to the bike, when the biker moved back. "Aaram se," said I sternly. And to my surprise, this dude looks into one of the many rear view mirrors (the purpose of which i have not been able to find till date) and gives me a big grin. I had a 3D question mark hovering over my head post that smile. Then it was another bike, followed by an Innova; then a Civic...and that smile reflected on the mirror each time he nearly missed killing me (or both). By the time I'd reached home, I had thoroughly not enjoyed headless children, better, where the streets have no name, stay on these roads, scar tissue, rock in the usa, riding with the king, life is a highway, naughty by nature, miracle, sweet dreams are made of these, kosmokrator, near to the divine, king of pain, aisha and i can see clearly now.
but in in the end all was forgotten when my tastebuds went on a rollercoaster ride with some homemade squids!

4 comments:

ra said...

so he's the indianised three wheel rider version of travis pastrana?

guess somethings will never change. saw this horrific accident on the way back from work. if anybody survived that, they are truly blessed and have their guardian angel workin overtime. it was a GMC yukon, not very sure. cuz the face of it was smashed nearly unrecognizable. now yukons are almost gigantic SUVs. and this, this....

we are all in a hurry to get home, but at the expense of somebodys life? take ur own u f****n moron! dont disrupt somebody elses'.

we're drivin home and both of us got very quiet after we saw that. the marvels of technology. speed and metal meet concrete and asphalt.

Chrisann said...

OH MY GOD!
i'm frequently telling daykin I'm gonna crash in a rick one of these days
so now I take cabs
especially after my robbery
but doesn't help
sigh!
Now day comes where ever I am and drives me home at night
he doesn't drink and drive either....

krashwin said...

i keep saying that too...one of these days me gonna ram into something in a rick! after every journey every day, i celebrate life. bombay roads have become so awfully dangerous. it's good ur friend doesn't drink n drive, chris...really, really sensible thing to do.

Chrisann said...

he is only sensible when it comes to me