Friday 5 January 2007

when you go right, things can go wrong

my knee opened like an infant's mouth and my head closed like bombay's railway ticket counter. the vermillion thickly flowed down my shin, staining strands of hair that stood helplessly in its way. i saw greenday fly, singing 'Time of your Life', and crash landing on the rough tar; there was stampede of thoughts in my head. like crabs, each thought grabbed the one before and dragged it behind; nothing coherent formed within my temples.

"i swear, i didn't do anything wrong. i was only going towards the right," said my friend in a voice that stoutly denied his claim. 'how can things go wrong, when one goes right?', i wondered. it was clear my friend did not intend to carry the can for things going wrong, as he went right. "forget it," i said.

look, a dead horse...or, wait a minute, is it our honda splayed like a dead horse on the tar? then i realised how right my friend was...he was so right that the biker who happend to ram us from behind had no room on the road to pass us. Moments later, we found him wriggling out of dried grass that flanked the porvorim road; yes we were on our way to the saturday night market at arpora.

coming back to this interesting slice of life, I knew this man had not punted us accidentally on purpose. I knew he was high on feni. I knew things could have gone more wrong. I knew my friend was right. But I knew this man was far more right.

I offered a helping hand to this man...

5 comments:

ra said...

dude!! nice.
lol. regards to ricardo
linkin u to me blog ok?
i dont care if its ok or not, u r the bloggest link!!
hey got some kick ass muusaaac.
these bands rock like nobodys business.
tell u more in the days to come.
new year=365 potential disasters, what say?

krashwin said...

hey, rodney, have u seen pirates of the carribean? ok, now, there's a bigger pirate i met recently...he's got a ship load of musaaaac :-D, no, actually, he buys them, but i'm gonna rip 'em, 'coz there's no chance in the world i'd find this kinda collection. it's 40 kgs of pure, musicalogically speaking, intoxicating collection :-D i mean, if you've heard number of the beast by i-run maiden, then this guy has a mohammed rafi version of it...well, exaggeration it is of course, but that's the kinda collection this guy possesses in his treasure chest...yee haw! here i come my friend :-)

Chrisann said...

Hello
I dunno if I'm welcome here...
but I'm funny's curly
and I got here thru his site...
nice touch with the vermillion...
I like men who can tell colors like teal cerulian etc...
happy blogging

Chrisann said...

PS: How's the knee now?

krashwin said...

thanks, chrisann...my knee's just fine. i wonder if the road, where my knee landed, is doing fine :-)...thanks once again. and, yes, u are absolutely welcome...happy blogging to u too.